Want to Open for Aerosmith? Don't Worry, You Don't Actually Have to Play a Real Guitar
The performances will be taped and posted to Aerosmith's web site, and no doubt posted on social networking sites worldwide, so get ready to cash in on your 15 minutes. Aside from the chance to show off your skills in front of an areana packed with classic rock fans, winners will also receive two tickets to the show, a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith prize package, and a meet-and-greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, where they will probably silently mock you. Official rules for the contest are lazily copied and pasted after the jump.
1) Create a video either ripping some serious air guitar using the Guitar Hero controller OR shredding a wicked session of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
2) Upload video to YouTube. IMPORTANT: EACH VIDEO ENTRY MUST BE CLEARLY TAGGED AS FOLLOWS: "AerosmithOpeningAct" (one word, no spaces) and another tag with the city you want to win (i.e. "Mansfield"). So your two tags would be: "AerosmithOpeningAct" and "Mansfield." (Use the city name listed under the "Location" column on the Aero Force One tour page (http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm?pk=viewall&cd=MA2).
3) Subscribe to Aerosmith's Official YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/theofficialaerosmith. We'll update the contest videos on a weekly basis, so make sure to see your entry posted after a week. If it's not there, double check that you tagged it correctly. If you entered everything correctly, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your YouTube video contest entry, the city you hope to win, your first and last name and your email address.
4) AF1 will pick a winner in each city. Hint: To get your video noticed make sure your vid is crazy, cool, rockin', funny, creative, insane or all of the above--within the letter of the law, of course.
5) Winners will be informed on a rolling basis two weeks before each show. Even if you're not a grand prize winner, there are some fantastic runner-up prizes. There will be other winners based on videos with the most ratings, comments or creativity. Guitar Hero game packs and pairs of tickets to the shows, will be available Runners Up prizes.
6) Make sure you stay in touch with all the contest news--sign up for AeroForceOne's official email newsletter (www.aeroforceone.com) and follow AF1 on Twitter (www.twitter.com/aeroforceone) to stay up on the leaders!