Moving Units: Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for March 16-22
|Bells are made to be Broken|
This week, the collaboration between Shins' lead singer James Mercer and Gnarls Barkley producer Danger Mouse, Broken Bells, leads the pack. A few Hendrix junkies just woke up and finally picked up their copy of Valleys of Neptune, and we share in our Goldfrapp curiosity for the week to come. More after the jump.
Radio-Active's Top 5 Releases for March 16-22:
1. Broken Bells - Broken Bells (Columbia) "Broken Bells has been getting a lot of press which has crossed the age gaps. Therefore the record is appealing both to kids and adults that wouldn't normally be interested in a record of this genre."
2. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo (Vagrant)
3. Frightened Rabbit - The Winter of Mixed Drinks (Fat Cat)
4. Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune (Sony Legacy)
5. Drive-By Truckers - The Big To-Do (ATO) "I have to admit I am surprised at the level of devotion from Drive By Truckers fans. Although this is not my cup of coffee I have to give kudos to their fanbase for still purchasing DBT records way past the date when their music was in vogue."
Which albums will we be talking about next week?
"The new She & Him (Volume 2) comes out next week along with The Runaways Soundtrack and we'll see if Goldfrapp (Head First) has finally jumped the shark!"
Incidentally, Broward-Palm Beach's Crossfade contingent has some extremely strong positive feelings about the new Goldfrapp. Anyone who isn't too proud to keep an ABBA and Scissor Sisters albums in plain view might feel the same. Watch the "Rocket" (embedding disabled) video, and stream the song below to make up your own mind.
Moving Units: Radio-Active Records' Top 5 Releases for March 2-8