Ten Reasons to Love Ricky Martin
For all these reasons and more, Crossfade presents ten reasons to love Ricky Martin.
10. Thanks Via Twitter ... Ok, so maybe he did graciously give a certain New Times writer a shout out.
9. Saucy Dance Moves ... There's no doubt Ricky can shake his bon bon.
8. Charity ... Let's not forget: Between Habitat For Humanity, UNICEF and his own Ricky Martin Foundation, Mr. Martin's practically a super hero without superpowers.
7. Superhuman Good Looks ... Okay, maybe the man has one superpower. Even a straight dude's gotta to admit that Ricky's a pretty effin' good-looking guy.
6. Menudo ... That is all.
5. Turning the English-Speaking World On to "Livin' La Vida Loca" ... Need we say more?
4. M.A.S. Tour ... Which, incidentally, brings him home to Miami for a show at the AAA tomorrow night.
3. "Lo Mejor de Mi Vida"/"The Best Thing About Me" ... He worked dual-language duets for this single with both Natalia Jimenez of La Quinta Estacion fame, and Joss Stone.
2. Coming Out ... After years of poking and prodding by the media, Ricky came out last year and instantly became a champion for the gay community. Speaking of which...
1. Did we mention looks? We'll leave you with this sexy pic.
Ricky Martin. Saturday, April 9. American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. The concert begins at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $38.75 to $128.75 plus fees via ticketmaster.com. Call 786-777-1000 or visit aaarena.com.
Follow Crossfade on Facebook and Twitter @Crossfade_SFL.