Top Ten 4/20 Parties in Miami
|It's a weed party, man.|
Did you know that 4/20 isn't just a day for getting stoned? It's also that time of year when millions of human beings all around the world light a plant on fire at the same time, fewer people get killed, and more food is cooked.
Yes, the world is a much chiller place for 24 hours. Celebrate with music. Here are Miami's top ten 4/20 parties.
|Am I high? Or does that paint splotch look like Yanni?|
10. Yanni. 8 p.m. Friday, April 20, and Saturday, April 21, at the Adrienne Arsht Center's Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722; arshtcenter.org. Tickets cost $49.50 to $119.50 plus fees. He has performed for over two million people at a time in 20-plus countries while also collecting 35 platinum records. So smoke a spliff and let this pioneer of electronic sit-down music take you on a journey, man. Like, an epic, two-hour, 3D movie trailer in surround sound.
9. Tobacco Road's 420 Fest. With Panther Sequoia, Graham Drout, Sanna Varnna, The Incredible Squintz, Cadillack Creeps, and others. 6 p.m. Friday, April 20, at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198; tobacco-road.com. Admission costs $5. Ages 21 and up. This party offers the best stoner food in town. (Shout out to The Road's legendary bar burger.) Plus, there's gonna be over 20 bands on three separate stages. Oh, and a $50 spliff rolling contest using, um, tobacco. But you could always smoke a fatty from your own stash if you win, right?
8. Skid Row. With Modern Superstar. 6 p.m. Friday, April 20, at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-449-1025 ; jointherevolution.net. Tickets cost $22 plus fees via ticketmaster.com. Back in the day these "Youths Gone Wild" went so far past 420 it's a surprise they survived the '80s. Between the cocaine, strippers, and their manager's drug trafficking, smoking a fat one to hair metal in 2012 is awesome. Well, if you're older than 40.
|Via Morrison Hotel Gallery|
7. Gipsy Kings. 8 p.m. Friday, April 20, at James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave. Miami; 305-372-4634; jlkc.com . Tickets cost $48 to $123 plus fees via ticketmaster.com. Getting high to gipsy music is a tradition that goes back centuries. And these dudes are from Spain, where massive parking lot parties called the "botellón" are how you should get down for pre-game, with a bag of weed and a bottle of wine.
6. ArtOfWar305's 4/20 Rap Battles. With Rugged and the Benchwarmers, P-Ro vs. Johnny Black, Spyder Murphy vs. Dropz, Federal Ranga vs. 21, and others. 6 p.m. Friday, April 20, at EVE, 1306 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-995-5050; miamieve.com. Admission costs $10. Ages 21 and up. Rap and comedy go together like herb and fire. So get high and watch people make fun of each other at this stoner holiday edition of ArtOfWar305. Plus, Art Morera, Geek Squad, Ron Slyda, Silent Hand, and Lil Gunna are gonna be hotboxing Eve's other party room all night. Spark it.
1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL
626 S. Miami Ave., Miami, FL
100 SW 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL
400 SE Second Ave., Miami, FL
1306 N. Miami Ave., Miami, FL
212-260 NE 59th Terrace, Miami, FL
170 NE 38th St., Miami, FL
5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, FL
228 NE 59th St., Miami, FL
1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise, FL