Lil Wayne Not Dead, Released From Hospital
Despite reports from TMZ last week, claiming he was dying, on life support, and awaiting last rites, the YMCMB rapper has apparently been discharged from the intensive-care unit at Los Angeles's Cedars-Sinai Hospital.
His six-day stay in the hospital and ICU was allegedly caused by a sizzurp binge, an OD, and violent recurring seizures.
But rumors of Wayne's imminent death began to seem premature when he (or a member of his crew) posted an update to his Twitter account, saying: "I'm good everybody."
UPDATE Lil Wayne has suffered another seizure. He's been rushed to the hospital. And he says, "I'm an epileptic, man."
-Lil Wayne Reportedly Dying, on Life Support, Awaiting Last Rites
I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.-- Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) March 16, 2013
Young Money President Mack Maine also took to Twitter in an attempt to shoot down the rumors.
"Wayne is alive and well!" Mack tweeted, posting subsequent messages that specifically targeted the gossip (and the gossip mongers), including "dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!" and "#FUCKTMZ."
Meanwhile, Cash Money cofounder Birdman even disputed that sizzurp had anything to do with Wayne's seizures. "To me, honestly, it's his work ethic. How hard he works," he told NYC radio host Angie Martinez on the air. "It had nothing to do with drugs. No such thing like that, to me. It was nothing about no drugs. Just needs to get some rest and relax. He'll be back, normal, like everyone else."
Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @liltunechi has been officially been released and is headed home....God is great — Mack Maine (@mackmaine) March 19, 2013
Over the weekend, though, neither Lil Wayne nor Mack Maine nor the YMCMB team issued any other update of any kind on the rapper's condition.
But now he's back at home. Recovering. And not dead.
Follow Crossfade on Facebook and Twitter @Crossfade_SFL.