The Ten Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
We've compiled a list of some of the best happenings 'round the Big Mango this weekend, peppered it with some artsy stuff, and topped it all off with an MLK-centric section. Get ready for a fun-filled weekend, friends.
- Art Deco Weekend: The 35th Annual Art Deco Festival occupies South Beach this weekend and Bunny Yeager's grand marshaling the thing.
- DWNTWN Concert Series presents ArtOfficial, Jahfé, and Afro Kumbé: Forget about the recession and catch some killer music for free.
- Miami International Art Fair: This avant-garde showcase is going down on a boat, literally--The Seafair.
- Pop Up Record Store: Remember when you used to buy music on at a record store? Relive the glory days.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: Miami's art scene continues to grow. First Art Walk of the year, y'all!
- Taste of Miami: What does Miami taste like?
- Novalima: Afro-Peruvian tunes and Calle Ocho. Life doesn't get any better.
- Bohemian Open Mic Night: Miami, a Bohemian Rap City.
Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Unity in the Community: The City of Miami Gardens has several events planned for the holiday and asks, "What steps will you take to make your community more unified?"
- Martin Luther King Day Parade: Liberty City's annual MLK parade kicks off at 11 a.m.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.