Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
But what about the "average Joe" couple, the cute pair that doesn't buy into hyper-consumerism and corporate-made holidays? We've compiled a weekend guide to help you avoid those obnoxious PDA-friendly lovers, an anti-Valentine's Day weekend guide of sorts.
- Sixteen Candles: Don't you forget about this '80s classic; it's playing at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens.
- Luis Bofill and Sol Ruiz: Sunny music and a dirty, pissed-off feminist folkster.
- Here & Now: 2012: It's the last weekend to catch Miami's favorite performance art project.
- Tomatina Miami: Party like a Spaniard and waste some produce -- 25,000 tomatoes, in fact.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: Our favorite time of the month!
- Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam: Let's crush some cars and gorge on hot dogs, it's monster truck time.
- Forever Tango: It's like fully clothed sex on the dance floor, the lovemaking kind.
- Com Truise: Dyslexics may read Tom Cruise, but this is electro giant Com Truise.
- Dave Williamson: This Miami-native comic's taking over the Miami Science Museum, because science is funny.
- The B-52s: Not even going to front, this is one of our favorite groups of all time.
- The Virginia Key Grassroots Festival: The festival wraps up, make sure to check out it.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.