Cheap Valentine's Day Plans That Don't Skimp on Romance
|With or without a date, enjoy the holiday by scarfing down way too many delicious candy hearts|
We V-day scrooges can at least take comfort in the knowledge that we won't have to spend stupid amounts of money just to express our love this year. Or we did, anyway, until we noticed all the cheap-yet-cute ways to celebrate happy relationships in this town. Foiled again by the sexy, sexy tropics.
Anyway, for you lucky few with caring partners out there, here are a few ways to have a happy Valentine's Day without breaking the bank. But don't tell us about it, because remember, the rest of us are sad and alone and no we are not crying just go away.
- Inside the Music: Get a glimpse into the world of composers, music history and music appreciation with behind-the-scenes presentations at the New World Center's SunTrust Pavillion. Perfect for your music lover lover.
- Love Stories: Enjoy six short plays from around the world about romance and love at The SandBox for a suggested donation of $5.
- Hated for Loving: Head over to Churchill's Pub for a tribute to The Smiths and Morrissey. You'll be in good company with bands like The Ordinary Boys and Girlfriend in a Coma, as well as performances by Shameless Burlesque and DJing by Dracula's Daughter.
- Moonlight & Music: Featuring Sarah Packiam and Scott Kirby, this year's concert at Deering Estate promises to be a lovely evening at just $20.
- Love-In: The annual North Miami Beach Love-In returns at the Marjorie & William McDonald Center with dinner and a masquerade costume contest for only $15. Make sure you call to make reservations in advance.
- Valentine's Day Celebration: Before a romantic night with the hubby/wifey, have a nice afternoon out with the kids at Miami Children's Museum. Free with the price of admission.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.