Free Events This Week: Duchess, Evita, Nuclear Awareness
|Dance like a fool at events like Get Low and Live Wednesday this week|
St. Patrick's Day isn't until the weekend, but there are plenty of events to keep you busy until Saturday. Read on for what's good and free around Miami this week.
- Duchess: Start off your week the right way. And by "the right way," we mean "drinking mojitos at the Mondrian."
- Global Nuclear Free Awareness Day: To commemorate the one year anniversary of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, Sweat Records screens the documentary Knocking on the Devil's Door.
- The War We Have Not Seen: The Frost Art Museum displays paintings by former combatants in Colombia's wars as part of artist Juan Manuel Echavarria's non-profit organization Fundacion Puntos de Encuentro.
- Evita: Even if you're not a huge fan of Madonna or musicals, SoundScape Cinema Series' screening of Evita is sure to be a nice time. Giant projection of Antonio Banderas, anyone?
- Fra Nefarious: The '80s-esque Fra Nefarious presents his new album Crazy Weather at Ricochet.
- Ill.Gates and Juan Basshead: Weekly Get Low goodness at the Vagabond with DJ Otto von Bass Warrior, Animal Krackerz, MC Jumanji and Nome.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.