Free Events This Week: Give It Back, Rooftop Chaiku, Dig
|You can find poetry on walls, on paper and on a rooftop this Wednesday.|
Luckily, April 15 is still a few weeks away, and we have some ways you can keep cash in your wallet while winding down from any tension you've had in the past few days. Read on for info on a parkside moving screeening, a chill surf rock party, and more events to cool you down in the approaching summer heat.
- Give It Back: Join a worthy demonstration to urge Coconut Grove Playhouse's board of directors to return the building to the county so the historic site can be restored.
- Citizen Kane: If you want to figure out what the hell "Rosebud" means, throw together a picnic and head to SoundScape Park for an evening screening.
- Rooftop Chaiku: As part of O, Miami's poetry festival, FIU writing professor Nick Vagnoni shares his published poems on the rooftop at Next@19th.
- Al B. Rotten and Johnny Strokes: Spiderpussy's Rotten teams up with Strokes to treat Wood Tavern to a night of music and revelry.
- Open Mic: Little Hoolie's invites you to rock out and/or make a total fool of yourself while enjoying drink specials at their popular open mic night.
- Dig (The Sixties): Beach Day, The Cost, DJ Andie Sweetswirl and DJ Kimmy serve you up the best of surf rock and '60s soul at Green Room.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.
3500 Main Highway, Coconut Grove, FL