The Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
What a crazy week it was. First we all had the painstaking task of recovering from our Passover and Easter hangovers. What, are you saying you didn't get shit-faced? Then, we had to deal with Tuesday through Thursday, which is always a certified drag.
Speaking of drag, the Pride parade will undoubtedly be the highlight of the weekend. Do you have your sequined boas and Robert Clergerie knockoffs ready? If not, you should probably look into getting them really soon. It's like the saying goes: "If you want them to know there's steak for dinner, you've got to let them hear it sizzle."
Oh, Miami will be sizzling, all right.
Here are the 10 best things to do in the gayest city this side of the Mississippi (an honor that couldn't make us any prouder).
- Los Amigos Invisibles: These guys have been around for over 20 years -- and therefore have bragging rights.
- ALS Recovery Fund presents Locos Por Juana: Jam on for a good cause.
- The Burning Moon: Don't walk under a latter, and don't pass a black cat. Instead, go see a gore film.
- Infektion (Dark Arts Miami Edition): The party's on from noon to 6 a.m. with enough bass to make you feel young again.
- Taste of the Grove: We've often wondered what those nuts taste like...
- PhilanthroFest: It's culture and philanthropy in a one-stop shop.
- Art Walk: What's better than Art Walk? The return of food trucks to Art Walk! Long live Art Walk!
- Shameless Burlesque, The Dangerfun Sideshow, The Riot Act and more: Shame, danger, and a riot? We're in.
- Miami Beach Gay Pride: You know, those founding fathers of ours sure had fabulous wigs. Hmmm...
- Tom of Finland: Bring a few extra pairs of panties, ladies!
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.