Eleven Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
|Rebecca Black says it's "Friday"|
Seriously, where'd June 11-15 go? It seems like only yesterday that Britto's Wynwood workspace was being vandalized and Bernice Steinbaum announced she'd be closing her gallery next month, but that news is already nearly a week old.
Clearly the late nights spent watching the NBA Finals are taking a toll, affecting our ability to keep track of the time and day.
Had it not been for our custom Rebecca Black alarm clock, we would've totally skipped this week's weekend guide. But thanks to the YouTube sensation and her viral song, we're fully aware that it's "Friday, Friday, Friday."
Here are the best things to do in Miami this weekend.
- Rock of Ages: The 80s rock musical hits theaters this weekend and the city of Miami stands in for Los Angeles. Check it out.
- Rogue: Performance art via New York City's Simone Sobers Dance troupe hits the Bernice Steinbaum Gallery.
- Roger Waters: The Wall Live: The best sounding feeling of isolation and abandonment you've ever heard.
- Axe and The Oak: Part gothic rockabilly, part American roots, all around kickass.
- Redland Summer Fruit Festival: From the farm to your table, fruits, fruits, and more fruits!
- Miami's Vice City Rollers vs. Dub City Derby Girls: Tough broads on roller skates. Hello, fantasy.
- Giggles Welcome Back Celebration: It'll be just like the good ol' days at Hot Wheels.
- Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami: You can take troupe founder Pedro Pablo Peña out of Cuba, but you can't take the Cuba out of Peña.
- Fable Streams Audition: Cos play, free booze, and a chance to land a role in a new role-playing game.
- Miami Heat Basketball: There's a lot at stake. May we suggest a trip to the best sports bar in Miami?
- City Theatre's Summer Shorts: The short play festival wraps up this weekend at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.