RIP Nora Ephron: The Romantic Comedy Master's Ten Most Memorable Movie Moments
|© 1989 Twentieth Century Fox / via IMDB|
|Ephron's classic When Harry Met Sally|
From the spot-on gender dichotomy of Harry and Sally to the starry-eyed sweetness of Sleepless in Seattle, her all-too-apt portrayals of romantic relationships (with a helping of fairy-tale fantasy thrown in) have earned her a permanent spot in the hearts of movie-goers.
And so, to commemorate the career of this talented scribe, we've collected the 10 most memorable quotes from her various flicks.
10. "When you're attracted to someone, it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate is just two neuroses knowing that they are a perfect match."
-- David Hyde Pierce to Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle
9. "You know, it's dangerous for you to be here in the frozen food section."
"Why is that?"
"Because you could melt all this stuff."
-- Steve Martin to Carol Kane in My Blue Heaven
8. "I always read the last page of a book first so that if I die before I finish I'll know how it turned out."
--Billy Crystal to Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally
7. "Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic."
-- Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle
6. "It's not tipping I believe in. It's overtipping."
-- Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven