The Ten Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend
|Watch out, they spit beats.|
Tough, tough week we had, right? Sure, we had Wednesday off for the Fourth, but then Thursday turned around and punched us in the neck, right when we least expected it. It's like we can't ever catch a break.
Anyway, who cares. This weekend is a perfect excuse to get obliterated. We've compiled a dainty little list of the best things to do around the Magic City. The best part is: Miami is so keen on assuring that its loyal citizens have a secure source for alcohol, that whichever events you attend, you can be sure a bar will be nearby and ready to serve you a nice cold one.
For that, we love you, Miami.
- 305 Fest 2012 Day 1: Let's be honest, can anything be bad if it's named after the 305? (No.)
- Llamabeats: It's like A Tribe Called Quest. But more Peruvian and Mountainey. Sorta.
- As the Globe Warms: You do have your bags packed, right?
- Beats After Sunset: Mark your calendars! First Friday of every month!
- Radio One Fest: A tidal wave of hip-hop shenanigans are on deck.
- Egyptian Gallery: Two words: liberated mummy.
- TUSK: A weekly party that keeps you feeling that home-style comfort.
- Festival de Independencia Venezuela: Party like a Venezolano or go home.
- Lincoln Road Farmers Market: Last time we visited we bought a mink stole. Heh, get it?
- Sugarcane Brunch: Timon Balloo makes it a habit to work your palate like a runway.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.