Free Events This Week: Let's Experiment, Yeasayer, Mike Freeman
|As always, this week's events are totally free - and most include cheap drink prices, too.|
We can't make school days any better, but we can try to improve the time you get you spend out of the classroom. From indie movie screenings to author events to food truck extravaganzas, Cultist has your back.
- Last Nights Party: Mokai is taken over by LastNightsParty.com. Don't forget to RSVP to get in free before 12:30 a.m.
- Yeasayer listening party: Sweat Records is playing the Brooklyn group's new album, "Fragrant World," while giving away vinyls and other goodies.
- Pub quiz: If you're the type who watches Jeopardy every night and thinks Wheel of Fortune is too easy, try your luck at quiz night at Fado Irish Pub. Even if you're not a know-it-all, the free pints and good times make the pub quiz worth your while.
- Let's Experiment: Indie Film Club Miami puts on a night of independent cinema and networking opportunities at Lester's.
- Tribute to a Female Icon: Featuring art by Andy Warhol, Mimmo Rotella and Seward Johnson, this tribute to Marilyn Monroe at Galleria Ca'd'oro commemorates the 50th anniversary of her death. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Freeman: Books & Books Coral Gables hosts author Mike Freeman, who will discuss his book Undefeated: Inside the 1972 Miami Dolphins' Perfect Season.
- Hollywood food trucks: Been a while since your last food truck rally? For shame! Get your friends, your blankets and your appetite ready for the twenty food trucks and live entertainment at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.