Ten Best Things to Do in Miami this Weekend
|Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders, Facebook|
Hard to believe that it's been six days already since the eighth month of the year crept in and dumped a bucket of humidity on South Florida.
Come to think of it, time really does fly when you're stuck at an office desk for the better part of nine hours a day, slaving under the fluorescent lights of America's corporate culture and drinking coffee by the pot.
Aren't weekends refreshing?
Here's a list of some of the gnarliest events going down in our city today through Sunday.
- Miami Dolphins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers: It's football (pre) season, y'all. We've missed tailgating and complaining 'bout the ownerships.
- Ketchy Shuby at Bardot: Catchy name, Ketchy music. Gotta love Fridays.
- Sammy Figueroa And the Latin Jazz Explosion: ¿Como? Indulge in some rhythm this weekend.
- Ife-Ile Afro-Cuban Dance Festival: 14-years and counting, the Ife-Ile Afro-Cuban is one of the best festivals in Miami.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: It's back! Works by Marilyn Manson, Banksy, and others will be on view this weekend 'round Wynwood.
- Comedy Night at The Museum: Science is funny. And so is comedy. Why not marry the two?
- Derby Baby: A Story of Love, Addiction, and Rink Rash: There's more to Roller Derby than tough chicks and tattoos, and this documentary proves it.
- The Hamlet Dog and Pony Show: You've had several opportunities to catch the show, but this is your absolute last.
- Summer Sundays: There are only a few more Summer Sundays left, so make the most of this one.
- Kulcha Shok Muzik: South Beach's best reggae night, plain and simple.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.