Get Zombiefied: A Halloween How-To From Miami's Hair and Makeup Experts
|Makeup by Alexis Renny/Photo by Michael McElroy|
Next, the zombie 'do. The key to any zombie look, says Magder, is to have your hair look as unkempt as possible.
- Wash your hair the night before and go to bed with wet hair. Then, when you wake up, your hair is already a mess.
- Back comb your hair at the roots; in other words, tease it with a small comb. Take it into small section and tease it as much as you can at the roots.
- Add baby powder to your hair to make it look a little more gray and ashy.
- If you have long hair, you can put it up in a messy updo. You can do a crooked ponytail, or a messy braid, and pull the braid apart.
- Men who have a little more length in their hair can just make it look really messy -- they can even use a wax to do that. They can also apply baby powder or white hairspray to make it look dirty.
For those looking to perfect those tattered tresses, Blo Midtown is hosting a "How to Look Like a Zombie 101" shindig tonight at 5:30 p.m. The event is open to the public, and offers complimentary drinks, apps and how-tos from expert stylists.