Well hello again, October. We've missed your liberal stance on day-drinking, your copious amounts of candy, and your (eventual) dip in humidity.
And while the weather might not feel much like fall yet, autumn is upon us. So spend the week pretending you live in a city with seasons and get your free on with our handy weekly round-up.
|milan.boers, Flickr CC|
- "Unlikely Heroes": Get a taste of human drama at a reading of Charles Gluck's new play highlighting "ordinary people under extraordinary circumstances at GableStage.
|aidaneus, Flickr CC|
- Mojito Tuesdays: Scour the racks for sweet deals while sipping mojitos and listening to live tunes at La Epoca, downtown Miami's boutique department store.
|.sanden., Flickr CC|
|stephen_bolen, Flickr CC|
- Wine Tasting: Unwind from a wicked week and expand your wine horizons at Jensen's Liquors with sips of the award-winning Fuente del Ritmo's 2004 Red Reserva, made from 100% Tempranillo.
Follow Cultist on Facebook and Twitter @CultistMiami.
- Fabulous First Friday: Put your little life in perspective with a gimpse at what lies beyond at MiaSci's monthly planetarium show and rooftop observatory viewing.
- Coral Gables Oktoberfest: Beer lovers have been awaiting it all year -- the month-long ode to brews and bacchanalia. Spend hours noshing on bratwurst, listening to Bavarian and Austrian bands tunes and drinking beer. Lots and lots of beer.
200 E. Flagler St., Miami, FL
5813 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL
1646 SW 27th Ave., Miami, FL
3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami, FL