Stephenie Meyer Takes Miami: Ten Questions For the Twilight Author
6. Grammar: Have you heard of it?
It's a thing.
5. You really don't like women much, do you?
Meyer has done almost as much to derail the women's rights movement as Todd Akin. Submissive, co-dependent and insecure, Bella is the needy, pathetic clinger that would make a normal dude run screaming.
4. Character development: Have you heard of it?
It's also a thing.
3. Much to our chagrin, you ruined the word chagrin.
Okay, that's not a question, but girl needs to know. The thesaurus is your friend, Meyer.
2. Did Edward really need to perform Bella's emergency c-section with his teeth?
If this was intended as abstinence education, it worked. We might never have sex again.
1. Do haters like us bum you out?
We know the answer to this one already: Not much. After all, haters gonna hate, but Meyer earns upwards of $50M a year. That's happiness-buying money right there. Well played, Stephenie.
For attendees, Stephenie Meyer will be personalizing copies of The Host and signing one other book. All of her books will be available for sale. The signing starts at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 19 at Books & Books in Coral Gables. Check out their website for details.