Free Events This Week: St. Paddy's Madness, Beer Tasting, and Jazz
Today is the one day a year when binge-drinking and bit-exposing "kilts" are socially acceptable. Nay -- expected! We have St. Patrick to thank. Props to him.
If you have to work today, we're so terribly sorry -- but there are still plenty of parties that'll make with the green beer until the wee hours of Tuesday morning. You've got time.
Check out the free ways to celebrate, as well as some other gratis activities for the rest of the week.
- St. Pat's party at Ted's Hideaway: Get drunk with hot chicks. It's what St. Patrick would have wanted.
- Irish tap takeover at World of Beer: The beer ain't free, but the company is. And watching other people drink on St. Pat's is a show unto itself.
- Irish Times block party: Join the green garbed masses in celebration of the most awesome country ever.
- Beer garden party at Books & Books: Celebrate St. Paddy's the classy way: in a courtyard surrounded by books.
- Lunchtime jazz at the Coral Gables Museum: Hear Debbie Orta rock some jazzy tunes while you digest your Jimmy John's.
- Beer and cheese tasting at Whole Foods Coral Gables: Goose Island's yummy ales plus fancy-schmancy cheese pairings.
3252 NE 1st Ave., Miami, FL
5850 Sunset Drive, South Miami, FL
265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables, FL
285 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables, FL
6701 Red Road, South Miami, FL