Free Events This Week: Mini-Skirt Mob, Wolfsonian, Artists in Everglades
If you're reading this, your computer has apparently survived the wrath of Mercury Retrograde (so far). Congrats. Not everyone is so lucky.
The Mini-Skirt Mob, MGM
Use what's left of your technology wisely, and enjoy this list of free stuff to do this week -- so you can save your pennies in case your smartphone decides to commit suicide.
Via Gutter Films on Facebook
- Mini-skirt Mob screening at 1930 Social Club: Mini-skirt wearing biker chicks. What more do you need to know? Gotta love Gutter Films.
- Free yoga at Bayfront Park: Downward dogs are by far the best way to start your week. Screw happy hour and hangovers.
- Face painting at Mary Brickell Village: Show your World Cup spirit with a facial masterpiece in tribute to your fave team.
- Flight: Aloft in the Everglades convo at Richard Shack Gallery: Hear from recent fellows via The Artists in Residence in Everglades (AIRIE) program, and learn all about how our amazing national treasure inspires art.
- Free Fridays at Wolfsonian Museum: Summer's the best time to make the most of Miami's museums -- you can bask in the AC and avoid the rush of tourists that tends to make the peak season, um, unpleasant.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.