Hey, Here's Another Poll: McCollum Still Leading
- Gov: Bill McCollum is still leading Alex Sink 41%-35%. At this point, the advantage might be owed to the fact that McCollum, thanks to his three previous statewide campaigns, has 87% name recognition compared to Sink's 61%. 24% remain undecided.
- McCollum also makes quick work of his possible primary rival, state Sen. Paula Dockery. In a Republican primary, he'd crush her 53% to just 4%. But less than a quarter of Republican voters have ever heard of Dockery.
- If Dockery somehow made it to the big dance, she'd be trailing Sink in a 43% to 18% divide.
- The attorney general primaries remain pretty cold. On the Dem side, Dan Gelber has a statistically irrelevant lead over Dave Aronberg: 11%-10%. If former gubernatorial contender Rod Smith entered the fray, he'd capture 13%. Chalk it up to name recognition?
- On the GOP side, Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp is leading law professor Jim Lewis 13% to 9%. Is it just me, or is 13% a pretty lowly number for an incumbent against a political unknown?
- In the CFO GOP primary race, former Senate President Jeff Atwater leads Rep. Pat Patterson 17% to 10%.
- The Dems, meanwhile, still have no major candidates running for CFO. Last time we checked, Miami Mayor Manny Diaz and Annette Taddeo are reportedly "in the mix," as they say.