Knight Arts Challenge Grant Winners Announced
A full list of winners can be seen here, but below is a rundown of some of the biggest and most interesting grants.
- The LightBox at Goldman Warehouse took home $400,000 to create a multi-disciplinary "hub of activity for the Wynwood Arts District."
- Locust Projects received $100,000 to help put public art on Billboards through out the city.
- Half a million went to the Wolfsonian-FIU museum to project artwork on its exterior walls.
- The Florida Grand Opera will use $200,000 to give away free tickets to a performance of Carmen.
- Miami City Ballet got $900,000 to reinstate its orchestra.
- Sweat Records received $150,000 to establish an e-commerce store highlighting Miami's cultural output, as well as to add to its already strong line-up of extracurricular activities, presentation and workshops.
- Artist Kathleen Hudspurth received $150,000 to start Turn-Based Press, which will promote the culture of printmaking in South Florida.