New Daily Kos Poll: Rubio Narrows Crist's GOP Lead Thanks to Birthers, Still Can't Beat Meek in General
The Senate Race:
- Charlie Crist now only leads Marco Rubio by 10 points!
- 73% of Republicans who think President Obama was born in America would vote for Crist, only 16% would vote for Rubio. These are your mostly sane, non-Limbaugh loving Republicans.
- Marco Rubio wins amongst Republicans who don't believe Obama was born in the US, or aren't sure. These are your birthers and tea party "activists"
- Unfortunately for Crist, only 35% of Florida Republicans believe, for sure, that Obama was born in the United States (WTF PEOPLE?)
- Charlie Crist would still sweep the floor with Kendrick Meek, 50-33%
- However, in South Florida, Meek would win 48%-41%, the only region in the state he carries against Crist.
- Kendrick Meek has a 38%-30% over Rubio in a hypothetical matchup. Rubio is polling better amongst white people, but only by 1%. Meek would actually do better amongst Hispanics by 13%.
- So what would happen if Charlie Crist ran as an independent against both Rubio and Meek? Crist: 32% Meek: 31% Rubio:27%
- 50% of Republicans would vote for Rubio, but 39% would go for Crist.
- Oh, by the way, even in Charlie Crist switched to the Democratic party and ran against Rubio, he'd lead and still get 39% of the Republican vote.
- McCollum gets 35%, Sink gets 33%, and 32% of people have no idea what's going on in this race.
- She also has a slight advantage in Independents and Hispanics.
- 72% of Floridians believe Obama was born in America. 13% do not.
- 53% of Floridians support "creating a government-administered health insurance option that anyone can purchase to compete with private insurance plans." Only 39% oppose a public option.