Around Town This Weekend: WMC's King Britt and Goldie, Non-WMC Alicia Keys
- Admit it. The last art fair you went to was almost four months ago. Get back on the horse. Go see Arteamericas, 40 galleries under one roof. It'll be like the Mall of Americas, but with paintings in place of halter tops.
- King Britt, dance music extraordinaire and one time DJ for Digable Planets, will perform at WMC's One Night Only party at Ice Palace.
- Presented along side the Women's International Film Festival, the Cannes- and BAFTA -winning Fish Tank screens at the Cinematheque this weekend.
- There are plenty of punk-y, noise-rock, anti-glowstick parties this weekend. But if you'd prefer to sidestep WMC by swimming in the mainstream, check out diva Alicia Keys at the American Airlines Arena.
- Original, jungle rudeboy Goldie will spin at the Metalheadz vs. Bassdrive WMC party. An what better place to enjoy U.K. d'n'b then Heathrow Lounge.
- When he's not writing for ArtLurker, David Rohn is one Miami's most sought after performance artists. He'll present "In Characters" this Saturday at a makeshift gallery in a Miami Shores backyard.
- It's impossible to graduate from teenage angst without first passing through a photography phase. But maybe you are the next Henri Cartier-Bresson after all. Only way to find out is to test your skills at this Sunday's PhotoMarathon.
- Go ahead. Eat copious amounts of crustaceans at this year's Seafood Festival. We won't tell.