Around Town This Weekend: Obama's Fav Jazz Singer, Five Years of Sweat, and Plenty of Pride and Beer
- Destined for greatness since her days fronting Noise for Pretend, Esperanza Spalding now woos with jazzy vocals and an upright bass. See her tonight at the Colony Theater.
- It's no small feat that independent record store and all-around music epicenter Sweat Records has survived five years in this crazy town. Come celebrate with them and other Miami music lovers at Saturday's SweatStock. Hear locals MillionYoung and Sub Pop's No Age.
- We think you should have Pride every damn day, but the City of Miami Beach is making sure you enjoy your day out this weekend.
- Yes, Beerfest is in Broward but there's gonna be lots'o'beer! And it's not just kegs of warm Bud. There'll be handcrafted microbrews, in which you can taste every hop and barley.
- The rest of the country salivates at the thought of our unlimited resources of bistec, flan, and mojitos. Take the Cuba Bonita Food Tour and enjoy the edible perks of living in the 305
- Wilco, Of Montreal, Band of Horses...the Fillmore is really on top of their bookings lately. This Sunday, spend less than $30 and hear The Black Keys play live.