Jason Taylor Meets with The Jets, Even Though He Hates Their Fans
This is worse than that public flirtation you had with the Patriots before you ultimately came back to Miami last season. You know there's no team Miami fans hate more, right?
Taylor arrived in New York on Wednesday and is being heavily recruited by the team, according to a source. The Jets have been interested in signing Taylor since the start of free agency but didn't have the leeway to sign him.
Though ESPN also reports that Miami is still interested in re-signing Taylor, it doesn't seem to be at the top of their agenda.
Update: Jason Taylor really, really hates Jets fans.
Both ESPN and ProFootball Talk have a collection of Taylor's greatest Jets fans bashing quotes, including this one:
"A bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don't care if they get mad at me or not. They don't like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don't care."
Unfortunately there's also this one from last year's off season:
"It'd be very, very, very difficult [to sign with the Jets]. Very difficult. But at the end of the day, if you can't find a job anywhere else and the Jets call, I guess you've got to retire or go play."
- The Miami Heat have clinched a spot in the playoffs, though they're still hoping to finish 5th. It looks like they'll either play the Celtics or the Hawks in the first round. [NBCMiami]
- Hopefully they'll be able to continue their winning streak tonight against the 76ers. [Herald]
- From these photos we're not sure if Dez Bryant is trying to win an underwear modeling contract with Under Armour or a spot with the Dolphins. Anyway, here are some of the other options the Fins have for the draft. [Herald]
- Randy Shannon says receiver Kendal Thompkins was the most improved player during Canes spring practice, and he still has no idea if Graig Cooper will play next season. [PBPost]
- The Heat have re-signed Shavlik Randolph, and let Alade Aminu go. [SunSent]