Around Town: Laura Bush, Afrika Bambaataa, Fetish Parties, Rick Ross, Diddy, and Busta Rhymes
|Masuimi Max, Belle of the Fetish Ball|
- Laura and Jenna Bush make an appearance at Books & Books. The former first lady has written a memoir that bags on Dubya's bad decisions.
- Tucked away in a resort in Doral this weekend is DocMiami, a documentary film festival.
- The Godfather of Hip-Hop, Afrika Bambaataa, plays Revolution tonight.
- French rockers Crusaders of Love swoop through Miami for So Raw's Let's Make Memories show at Bar.
- The Good, the Bad, the Weird is a Korean homage to Sergio Leone's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. See why it scored a foreign film nomination at this year's Oscars. It screens at the Miami Beach Cinematheque all weekend.
- Broward is kinkier than Dade, at least it is this weekend. Celebrate the 15th anniversary (that's crystal, right?) of the Fetish Factory parties. On Saturday, head to the decked-out, skin-flashing Fetish Ball.
- Musicians, celebrities, and party people will flock to Bicentennial Park on Sunday for 2010's Best of the Best, a dancehall and hip-hop day-long concert. This year, the lineup includes Rick Ross, Diddy (and friends), Gucci Mane, and oh, just read the write-up here.
- Recently-released jailbird T.I. plays Klutch just in time for the Urban Beach Week events. Now he knows why the caged bird sings.
- Seven comedians will tickle your funnybone at Sunday's Memorial Weekend Comedy Festival.Our pick? Mark Curry. Give that man his own show. See his bit on crackheads here.
- Cafeina, a Wynwood lounge/gallery, will host Los Angeles DJ duo Classixx, last seen in Miami during the Winter Music Conference.
- Sports stars and rap celebs like Carmelo Anthony, Cam'ron, Jim Jones, and Fabolous will be at Klucth on Monday to celebrate Busta Rhymes' b-day. We gon' sip Bacardi like it's his birthday...cause it is.