Around Town: Lil Jon, Comics Convention, Paulina Rubio, and Father's Day Hogs
|Worth his crunk weight in gold.|
- Lil Jon crunks up the volume at Mansion tonight, where he'll perform a guest-DJ set. BYO chalice and maybe he'll fill it up with some of his pimp juice.
- Now that we have Mike Stanton, see what the Florida Marlins can do against the Tampa Bay Rays. The game series starts esta noche.
- Geek out at this weekend's Florida Supercon, an expo for comic,
anime, and sci-fi fans that has an odd assortment of D-list
celebs. Strangely, Mary Ann from Gilligan's Islandand Seinfeld's Soup Nazi are on the roster. Tonight, Less Than Jake plays for the crowd of overweight, over-aged Wolverines and Wonder Women.
- A writer from XXL Magazine said
Brooklynhipster-hopper Theophilous London plays what hip-hip must sound like in Moby's head. Depending our your tastes, that's either a warning or an endorsement. plays Grand Central this Saturday. London
- Paulina Rubio, that Mexican hottie with the blond mane, plays a benefit concert at the Fillmore featuring other Latin divas and divos like Fanny Lú and Luis Fonsi.
- Ahem, Sunday is Father's Day, and the word of the day is "hogs." You can either ride them at
Peterson's Harley-Davidson of
's Father's Day Hotrods and Harleys or eat them at Miami Dad's Brew & Bar-B-Q. Pinecrest Gardens'
- Dad a vegetarian? Then take him to the fiber-riffic Redland
Summer Fruit Festival at the
. Fruit & Spice Park