Crispin Porter + Bogusky Will Make Baby Carrots "Extreme" and "Sexy"
>CP+B's game plan for working the same magic with the carrot that it did with the Whopper, according to USA Today:
• Packaged in Doritos-like bags. Three different designs are planned.Sexy baby carrots? Don't most people find full-size carrots sexier?
• Sold out of cool school vending machines. Tests are underway in Cincinnati and Syracuse, NY.
• Sporting slogans like this on billboards and packs: "The original orange doodles."
• Touting seasonal tie-ins. Coming this Halloween: scarrots.
• Offering a phone app powered by the sound of folks munching carrots in real time.
• Airing TV spots that tout baby carrots as extreme, futuristic, and even, yes, sexy.
Regardless, CP+B is the modern-day Don Draper. Not everyone can come up with marketing innovations. Take, for instance, the suggestion of ad psychologist Carol Moog, who is critical of the campaign: "Perhaps putting an orange (but natural) dusting on carrots that mimics Cheetos." Barf.
Anyway, from the minds that brought you the subservient chicken, here is what the future of baby carrots looks like.
|via USA Today|