LeBron James, Gerald Posner, and Rick Sanchez Make List of "50 Most Deplorable Americans"
|via The Buffalo Beast|
"2010 was the most loathsome year on record, and it was difficult choosing between the literally hundreds of deserving scoundrels who could've made this year's list," writes the Beast. So the Miami-heavy crew is quite an achievement.
You can read the full list for yourself, so we'll just pick out the Miamians along with the sentence the Beast decided to issue them for their gawd awfulness.
- Rick Sanchez (Miami-native and former local news anchor who got fired from CNN after some insane, vaguely anti-semetic rantings on a radio show): "Sportscaster gig on ESPN3; fired for saying African Americans control the NBA."
- Kim Kardashian (local boutique owner and way-too-frequent night club guest): Sex tape with DJ Jazzy Jeff; one year in a coal mine.
- Gerald Posner (disgraced local journalist who was caught plagiarizing from The Herald, other local writers and us): Plastic Surgery Wellness editor at Huffington Post.
- LeBron James (savior of local sports): College.
- Mario Armando Lavandeira, Jr. aka Perez Hilton (Miami-native and world's worst blogger): A tour in Afghanistan.
- Pastor Terry Jones (Almost Koran-burning Gainesville religious whack job): Inevitable gay sex scandal.
Compared to our Dirty Dozen, we think that certainly the likes of George Rekers, Rick Scott and the Situation definitely could have warranted nationwide status. Since the fact we left off Sanchez and Posner on the Dirty Dozen is pretty deplorable, we'd like to sentence ourselves to reading Rick Sanchez's book Conventional Idiocy as plagiarized by Posner.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.