Setting The County Record Straight
|Courtesy Genius of Despair from Eye On Miami|
If you're still on the fence about recalling Mayor Carlos Alvarez and County Commissioner Natacha Seijas, we present to you a list of the highest paid county executives forwarded to us by a loyal reader:
1. Burgess - $422,118 *
2. Alvarez - $315,462 **
3. Assistant County Manager Alina Hudak - $264,343
4. Assistant County Manager Ysela Llort - $260,970
5. Assistant County Manager Alex Munoz - $199,941
6. Executive Assistant Henry Sori - $167,472
7. Special Assistant Howard Piper - $158,054
8. Communications Director Vicki Mallette - $136,019 ***
9. BNC Regional Coordinator Suzanne Salichs - $123,931
10. County Manager Assistant Matthew Pinzur - $119,488
11. County Manager Assistant Ana Bustamante - $115,147
12. County Manager Assistant Mario Morlote - $114,719
13. Mayor's Scheduler and Assistant Delivette Gonzalez - $110,337
14. County Manager Assistant Liliana Collazo - $110,166
15. Mayor's Special Advisor Luis Andre Gazitua - $107,110
16. County Manager Assistant Lourdes Gomez - $105,679
17. Policy and Legislative Affairs Director Robert Villar - $104,428
* Burgess is the highest paid county manager in the nation. His salary, which is determined by the Mayor, exceeds that of the President of the United States.
** Does not include Alvarez's FRS pension (approximately $200,000 each year) that he currently receives after retiring from his MDPD Director position. According to his most recent financial disclosure report, Alvarez has a net worth of $1.74 million despite having only worked in the public sector during his career.
*** Alvarez gave Mallette a 54% pay increase after telling taxpayers that everyone must make sacrifices.
Note: Not a single person on this list was hired through a competitive selection process.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.