Top

blog

Stories

 

Exploding Pressure Cooker Severs 79-Year-Old Woman's Leg

Categories: News
underpressurecooker.jpg
Pressure cookers can save time in the kitchen, but also can be extremely dangerous if used incorrectly. The pressure cooker of a 79-year-old woman exploded yesterday after falling on the floor. Scalding hot food was sent rupturing around the kitchen, and a piece of the pot severed the woman's leg right above the ankle. The victim could have bled to death. Luckily a quick-thinking man came to her rescue.

The incident happened yesterday around 10 a.m. at the woman's home in the 1700 block of Southwest 24th Terrace.

After the pot exploded, a man in the home used his belt to create a make-shift tourniquet as they waited for paramedics to arrive, according to The Miami Herald. That quick thinking may have prevented the woman from bleeding to death.

After paramedics arrived, the woman was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center and is expected to survive.

Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.

Sponsor Content

My Voice Nation Help
3 comments
harleybreeze
harleybreeze

God Bless you Ma'am for having after vall of these years to go through such a tragedy!

Dzfgadsf
Dzfgadsf

 sellsclothing,footwear,handbags,Sunglasses

Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!

OurWebsite: =====  www voguecatch com  ====

Our main product list is as follows

Martfay Gardner
Martfay Gardner

I think she  forget about the pressure cooker on the stove,  the pressure will go too high  it will really explode and metal will shoot everywhere.

Now Trending

Miami Concert Tickets

From the Vault

 

Loading...