Special Election 2011: Who's Making Money
- Maritza Guiterrez. It appears the wife of political consultant and lobbyist Armando Guiterrez is doing quite well thanks to Julio Robaina's campaign, which paid her firm $92,215 in the month of April for advertising.
- Sasha Tirador. A political consultant who provides phone banking and absentee ballot collection services received $31,808 from the Robaina camp on April 18 for consulting work.
- Hugo Arza and Ana Carbonell. The cousin of disgraced former state Rep. Ralph Arza is also banking with Robaina. He has been paid $9,000 for consulting on the Hialeah mayor's bid for county mayor. Carbonell, former campaign manager for Lincoln Diaz-Balart, has collected $10,000 through her firm The Factor.
- Jennifer Lara. The Coral Gables based political consultant's firm has been paid $55,947 by Carlos Gimenez's campaign.
- Dario Moreno. The Florida International University political science professor is moonlighting for Gimenez. He has received $15,500 for conducting polls on the mayor's race.
- Brian Franklin. The Broward political consultant is working for Gimenez. His firm Impact Politics has gotten $12,696. Franklin's previous work includes working for Congressman Robert Wexler and Broward County Mayor Stacy Ritter.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.