Koran-Burning Florida Pastor Terry Jones to Run for President
The platform, as outlined in seven points, seeks to deport all illegal immigrants, cut taxes, cut spending, and cut bureaucracy. For a guy known for hating Islam, his platform doesn't even touch on the religion:
1. Stop overspending immediately. We are now overspending by 4 billion dollars a day.Jones may be a disgraced, press-hungry, reckless, dangerous zealot, but his platform actually doesn't sound all that much different than any of the Republicans running. Not sure if that says more about Jones or the modern-day GOP.
2. Balance the budget. If this is not done, then we will experience a total collapse of our economy and way of life.
3. Reduce military spending. All military on foreign soil should be brought back immediately and all future involvement of military on foreign soil should not be engaged until our country has become economically strong again. The security of our nation must be reexamined and our military spending must be cut by several billion dollars.
4. Deport all illegals. We must immediately begin the deportation of the 20 million illegal aliens living in our country. This would be an operation similar to what Eisenhower did to provide jobs for the soldiers who were coming home after the war.
5. Also saving us 400 billion dollars per year.
6. Reduce corporate taxes. Our corporate taxes are the highest in the world. Corporate taxes must be reduced immediately in order to encourage people to start new businesses and existing corporations to expand, thus producing the jobs that are needed.
7. Reduce bureaucracy. We must reexamine the bureaucracy of our government and businesses. We are dying and drowning in bureaucracy, rules and regulations. Companies must be held accountable for the consumer's protection, but the over-control and overkill that we have is destroying our companies.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.