Memorial Day Weekend On Miami Beach Is a Gangsta's Paradise
This is a public service announcement to all the African American visitors coming to Miami Beach for Memorial Day weekend. There are a few things you need to know when you cross over the causeways to party in the city that doesn't really want you there, but wants to take your money. Here are the new rules you will have to abide by unless you want your black ass to end up in Dade County Jail:
- You cannot walk the streets with an open container of booze. Typically, the city doesn't enforce public drinking laws, but we all know you black people can't handle your liquor. Dozens of police officers from multiple agencies will be enforcing a "zero tolerance" policy up and down Fifth Street, Ocean Drive and Collins and Washington avenues, so watch your back.
- Don't even think about coming to South Beach if you are faded, have an expired tag or a suspended driver's license, an outstanding bench warrant, or owe your baby momma child support. In addition to DUI checkpoints on the MacArthur Causeway on Friday and Saturday, the cops are also going to use license plate scanners to track just about every car coming from the mainland to snatch your ass.
- Forget about using the Venetian Causeway to dodge the police because it's off limits to black people who don't live on Miami Beach.
- Racial profiling is in full effect.
- Price gouging is legal. So don't complain when the valet charges you $100 to take your car, the nightclubs charge you $50 to get in and $1,000 for a bottle and a table, and the hotels make you pay $1,000 per night.
These measures are just a dog and pony show by the city's government to make the residents think they are doing something to crack down on the partying that goes on during Memorial Day Weekend. See, the city refuses to take ownership of Memorial Day Weekend with an organized event like the Essence Festival in New Orleans where you have a mix of hip-hop, R&B, and jazz. But the hotel and the nightclub owners don't want that because they need the reckless thugs who spend money without blinking and ruin it for the law-abiding visitors.
The city of Miami Beach wants to create a gangsta's paradise.
Follow Luke on Twitter @unclelukereal1.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.