Heat Top Lakers 99-90 As LeBron, Wade Score 66 Combined
- Gotta give some props to Ray Allen whose clutch 7 points with about 5 minutes left (out of his 9 total for the night) were crucial down the stretch. Allen's been a bit off lately and hopefully this is what we can expect from him as the season wears on into the playoffs.
- Dwight Howard finished with 13 points and 16 rebounds. Not exactly monster numbers and the Heat's use of 'small ball' strategy down the stretch forced Gasol and Howard to guard guys like Ray Allen and Shane Battier at times, which was a total mismatch because they are hideous tree people who are very slow, you see.
- Speaking of which, Spo gets a lot of criticism for this team and very little credit but that was a great strategy at the end. It forced the Lakers' big men to move around and put Howard on the foul line down the stretch.
- Is Shane Battier broken? Dear Shane Battier three-pointer, please come back soon.
- The Lakers have PROBLEMS. If this had been the Heat in the 2010 season, Bill Simmons' face would have melted off in glee and there would be a separate ESPN channel just to speculate/hate/talk shit ad nauseum about the Heat. Fuck the Lakers.
- Everyone see that Chris Bosh frustration after LeBron snagged a rebound from him at the end of the game? Fuck was that all about?
The Heat now get a few days off and will finally return home to play the Raptors on Wednesday night. Can they bring their mascot with them?
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.