Miamians Idea of a Perfect Date Is Apparently Drinking Wine and Eating Pasta on Lincoln Road
The site lets people post what they'd like to do on a date, and then helps them find other people who would like to join them.
According to BuzzFeed, the site " analyzed over a million date suggestions posted between January 2010 and September 2012" and came up with an infographic providing dating data for America's biggest cities. Here's the rundown on Miami:
- 71 percent of Miamians prefer to drink wine on a date, which is far and away the highest rate in the country.
- Only 14 percent prefer beer, the lowest rate in the country. Which just confirms that, no, Miami is not a beer town.
- Buzzfeed also points out "Drinking dates that mention a specific type of alcohol get three times more responses than those that just suggest 'a drink.' So hedge you bets and mention wine.
- Miamians also have a much higher than average preference for Italian food.
- Cuban food only came in fourth (probably because most prefer it homemade), but it didn't show up for any other city.
- Miami also had the 8th highest number of cultural dates posted on the site.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.