Micky Arison Is the Richest Man in Florida, But We Have 30 Other Billionaires
Forbes lists Dolphins owner Jeffrey Ross as a New York resident, but he'd come in a virtually three-way tie with Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer and investor Dirk Ziff. Each are estimated to have a net worth of a cool $4.4 billion.
Here are the rest of the billionaires that call Miami-Dade home.:
- Edward Lampert, Hedge Fund manager, $3.1 billion (437th richest person in the world)
- Phillip Frost, pharmaceuticals, $2.6 billion (554th)
- Bharat Desai and Family, outsourcing, $2 billion (736th)
- Norman Braman, car dealerships, $1.6 billion (931st)
- Edmund Ansin, Sunbeam Communications (owners of WSVN), $1.2 billion (1175th)
- Peter Lewis, Insurance, $1.2 billion (1175th)
- Jorge Perez, developer, $1.2 billion (1175th)
Florida's richest woman, by the way, is Charlotte Colket Weber, heiress to the Campbell Soup fortune, current director of the company, and a Hobe Sound resident.
To see a full list of Florida's (and the world's) billionaire, visit Forbes.
Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.