|They're a girl's best friend|
Tomorrow night at the Jupiter Beach Resort, AAA
will formally present its Diamond Awards to Palm Beach County restaurants and hotels that have gone way beyond the call of duty in terms of service, food, style, and amenities. The winners, though, have already been announced, and we've got two Five Diamond Restaurants on the list this year: The Restaurant at the Four Seasons
, which apparently hasn't stumbled after the departure of celeb chef Hubert des Marais last year, and L'Escalier at the Breakers Resort,
the restaurant just about everybody and their brother has agreed is the jewel in Palm Beach's crown, Diamonds or no Diamonds.
The only question is whether anybody other than some very savvy gold-diggers can afford a stay at these luxe resorts these days.
As for the also-rans: Cafe Boulud Palm Beach, at the Brazilian Court, and Angle at the Ritz Carlton both picked up four Diamonds each.
Here's the full list:
Area hotels and restaurants receiving the 2009 AAA Five Diamond Award are:
• L'ecalier Restaurant, Palm Beach
• The Breakers, Palm Beach
• The Restaurant at the Four Seasons, Palm Beach
• The Ritz-Carlton, Palm Beach in Manalapan
The Four Diamond Award recipients are:
• Angle, Manalapan
• Cafe Boulud, Palm Beach
• Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa, Jupiter
• PGA National Resort & Spa, Palm Beach Gardens
• Sabal Palm House B & B Inn, Lake Worth
• The Brazilian Court, Palm Beach
• The Colony, Palm Beach
• The Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
• The Resort at Singer Island, Palm Beach Shores