Eat Something French Today to Commemorate Bastille Day, Because You Know They Each Ate a Hot Dog on July Fourth
|Louis the Chef from The Little Mermaid... Disney is evil!|
10. BEST: Pay Pascal's on Ponce a visit. You know it's been a while, but they're still rocking it without need for trendiness or fuss.
9. WORST: S'il vous plait... merci... voila! Speak to your server in French.
8. BEST: Have an Iron Chef-style cooking challenge with friends, and make the "secret" ingredient French. I've been invited to participate in one with eggs and vintage champagne. I've decided to make poached eggs with fried shallots and Niman Ranch bacon vinaigrette atop frisee lettuce. It might be fun to have a toast point in there too, if I have time. Pics to come tomorrow.
7. WORST: Wear a beret.
6. BEST: Have a cafe at an outdoor cafe, and write a short poem or draw the scenery as you people watch.
|Carmen from Menupages.com|
|Le Royal is le bomb|
4. BEST: Visit downtown South Miami for a taste of France. Have a croissant or fruit tart (with amazing pastry crust, I might add) from Le Royal French Bakery, one of the best French bakeries in Miami. Or a Crêpe Suzette from La Crêpe Bistro.
3. BEST: Review a French restaurant in the style of Anton Ego from Disney's Ratatouille and post it on your blog. (Did you know that chefs like Anthony Bourdain consulted on the making of this animated feature so that the kitchen and its cast of characters were true to life, down to the very burns on their wrists?)
2. BEST: Make it a Grand Mariner Day instead?
1. WORST: What do you think?