Top Seven Art Basel 2009 (Mostly) Free Food & Drink Events
|The art of food, and eating it, in Miami.|
Here's our guide to the top seven food and drink events for Art Basel (December 1 - 6), but don't forget there's a whole lot more going on all over the city and the beach. Click here for our official Art Basel Week events guide.
7. Art Whino Goes Urbanite at The Urbanite Bistro - The food's not free for this one, but they're knocking down the prices and it's right in an axis of action.
Dec 3 - 6, 2009
Washington DC based gallery partners with local restaurant to present 4 days of art shows, live music, and gourmet food.
62 NE 14th St
6. LoweDown Happy Hour at Lowe Art Museum - Lecture, desserts, wine, bubbly, and liquor in Coral Gables. Hungry college students, you know what to do.
Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm
An artist lecture presented by Ricky Bernstein will be at 6 pm. Enjoy holiday desserts with beverages by Barefoot Wine and Bubbly and PAMA Spirits.
1301 Stanford Dr
5. Caribbean Fest Breakfasts at Diaspora Vibe Gallery - featuring curators, writers, journalists, and featured artists.
Dec 5 - 7, 2009. 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Breakfast session each morning with artists, coffee, and pastries.
3938 N Miami Ave 2nd Level
4. Svedka Vodka Sessions at Delano Hotel - Click Here to RSVP, required.
Dec 04, 2009
A special poolside performance by Kid Sister.
1685 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL
3. Breakfast In The Park at Frost Art Museum
Dec 06, 2009 9:30 am
An informal talk by Michele Oka Doner, outdoor breakfast, and guided tours of the sculpture park at FIU.
10975 SW 17th St
(FIU - University Park Campus)
2. Matta: A Retrospective at Gary Nader Fine Arts - Not officially a food & drink event, but let's just say Gary Nader knows how to throw a party.
Dec 04, 2009
A selection of works from 1938 through the 90's by the Chilean Master.
62 NE 27th St
1. Breakfast at the Bakehouse at Bakehouse Art Complex - 23 years in Wynwood and counting, it's official.
Dec 3 - 6, 2009 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Enjoy coffee and breakfast while touring the BAC's 33,000 square foot facility, and two exhibition galleries. Speak directly with 65 resident artists.
561 NW 32nd St