Top 10 Miami Food Crime Headlines of the Decade
|image via aftouch-cuisine.com|
|If food is crime, then we're all guilty.|
Those who stayed saw that there's money in food and so they opened stores, bars, and restaurants.
They made a killing.
Other pirates took note and started robbing them.
Thus began a cycle that continues to this day.
The past ten years have seen an active food-crime scene, and the proof is in the headlines.
Here are our top 10 Miami Food Crime Headlines of the Decade. Click each one for a link to the article, though some are just abstracts that require payment for full viewing.
10. Caviar smuggling as lucrative as cocaine for US crime gangs - 2002
9. Man Arrested For Throwing Pizza At His Daughter - 2009
8. 14 Floridians Charged In $4 Million Food Stamp Fraud - 2006
7. Miami Spice Maker Again Recalls Paprika - 2001
6. Miami Cracks Down on Risque Cafeterias - 2003
5. Blows Traded Over Food - 2004
4. Man Arrested After Ordering Food From Same Restaurant He Robbed - 2007
3. Man Swings at Shop Employee After She Moves Grocery Cart - 2000
2. Ex-Con Raps for McDonald's - 2009
1. FDA: Pet food tainting might be intentional - Plastics chemical can make feed appear more protein-rich - 2007