Five Best Places to Eat Alone
5. Pelican Cafe, 826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach; 305-673-3373, www.pelicanhotel.com
The cafe is conveniently located right in the Pelican Hotel on Ocean Drive, which makes it a great place to people watch. You are also located close to the beach, so the view you have while you silently eat your honey mustard chicken wrap, $12, is fantastic.
4. Toni's Sushi Bar, 1208 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9368
One of the most convenient places to eat alone has to be a sushi bar. You don't have to feel uncomfortable and fidget with your Blackberry, because you face the raw fish. Toni's is great because it's a hole-in-the-wall that is cozy and relaxed. Try the moriawase for one, (California roll with 9 pieces of sushi) $25.
3. Cafe at Books & Books, 927 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-532-3222
What better place to grab a bite alone than at a bookstore? Books & Books has a great atmosphere right on Lincoln Road. You can rub your nose in the newspaper while you sip on your coffee. O r whip out your book while you devour a prix fixe dinner that consists of an appetizer, entree and dessert at $28.10.
2. Norman's American Bar & Grill, 6770 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-868-9348
Who doesn't feel comfortable sitting at a sports bar watching a game and drinking a beer alone? At Norman's you can hang out while the game is on and order The classic Philly cheese steak goes for $$8.75.
1. El Rinconcito El Chele, 3791 Bird Road, Coral Gables; 305-444-0700
El Rinconcito El Chele is a diner with amazing food that takes pride in being a place where people feel comfortable alone. They have daily specials for all to enjoy like the chicken steak, Moros Rice and Plantains for $7.85.