91. Tuna Seviche at Sushi Samba
Sushi Samba looks like an ultra lounge, but eats like a restaurant. Diners come for the show on Lincoln Road and stay for the mix of Japanese and Brazilian cuisines.
The tune seviche (yes, they spell ceviche that way,. the contrarians) is beautiful to just look at -- different shades of pinks and greens form a mountain of color on your plate. Incredibly fresh tuna is marinated and cooked in grapefruit and other citrus. Coconut is added for sweetness and depth. The tuna is mild, with a hint of salt, the grapefruit wedges pop in your mouth, releasing their tangy and sweet flavor. A dish perfect as a starter or ordered at the bar to accompany some cold sake or a vodka martini.
100 Favorite Dishes:
92. BBQ Pork Roll at American Noodle Bar
93. Mandolin's Hand-Cut Fries
94. Joe Allen's Bourbon Bread Pudding
95. Lobster Roll at Joe's Stone Crab Takeaway
96. Brussels Sprouts at Sakaya Kitchen
97. Gandules en Escabeche from Raaga Cart
98. Pizza Genovese at Spris
99. Leek Soup at Buena Vista Deli
100. Dumplings at Chow Down Grill
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.