Emeril's Cherry Cobbler Recipe: In Honor of President's Day
|George Washington - former vandal|
Centuries later, legend has it that a certain celebrity chef was filming a show late into the evening. When the camera crew started falling asleep during his cherry cobbler recipe, that celebrity chef yelled Bam!, scaring the crew to within an inch of their miserable lives.
To commemorate these historic events, we hereby share a fabulous cherry cobbler recipe, from Emeril's kitchen, courtesy of Food Network.
Emeril's Cherry Cobbler
6 cups tart red cherries, pitted
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan combine filling ingredients and cook, stirring until bubbling and thickened.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Meanwhile, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until it is crumbly.
- Mix together egg and milk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir with a fork just until combined.
- Drop topping by tablespoonfuls onto filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.