Food Trucks Offer Light Summer Fare
|gastroPod's watermelon salad is a refreshing bite on a hot day.|
Today you want something cool, light and refreshing. How the hell are you going to find that at a food truck roundup? Pretty darn easily, because we compiled a list of great food that will cool you off when mother nature turns up the heat.
If you thought we completely forgot all the cool sweet treats available, we're one step ahead. That's reserved for another list.
1. Red Koi, Miami's only mobile sushi unit, makes delicious rolls and sushi boxes, perfect for a warm summer evening. Choose a California roll, spicy tuna roll, veggie roll, dragon roll, or shrimp tempura roll (each $5 to $9) or have then make you a sushi box and camp out under the stars with it ($7 to $9.50).
2. Gyromaniakz's Greek salad on a pita ($5) makes eating your greens portable. The homemade roasted red pepper hummus ($4) is a light, yet spicy side dish.
3. ShaoRoma Romanian Fresh Food serves home made babaganoosh ($5) daily. Don't be turned off by its green color - the smoky eggplant taste makes this chilled spread. The salata de Bucharest is made with crisp romaine, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, and fresh herbs. It's seasoned with sunflower oil and white vinegar ($4).
|Papa's tapas serves a ceviche of the day (sometimes two).|
5. gastroPod is all in for summer with their watermelon salad with feta cheese, cured radish and rind pickles ($4).
6. Chef on 4 Wheels' tzatziki is a creamy yogurt-based sauce that's tangy and delicious. Refreshing cucumbers are mixed in, for added coolness and texture ($4).
Food trucks will be at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood tonight. Expect plenty of free parking, live music, an outdoor movie and the ringing of slot machine bells in the near distance. Trucks serving from 5:30 to 10 p.m. include: Aaron's Catering Express, CheeseMe, Daddy's Grill, Dim Ssam a Gogo, Dolci Peccati Gelato, The Fish Box, The Flying Saucer, gastroPod, Grill Master Cafe, Jefe's Original Fish Taco, Latin Burger, Latin House Grill, Mr. Good Stuff, Ms. Cheezious, The Red Koi, El Rey de las Fritas, The Rolling Stove, Tree House Truck (from Orlando), and Yellow Submarine.
Seminole Hard Rock 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood