Three Recipes to Whet Your Appetite for Avocado
|Photo by Anais Alexandre|
|The marvelous things we can do with this baby|
Note: To test an avocado for ripeness, give it a loving squeeze. If it's rock-hard or too mushy, it's either not ripe at all or overripe. Also, on the outside it should also be dark green, not bright emerald.
Try your hand at the recipes below and become an avocado master.
|By Anais Alexandre|
|Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake|
Adapted from Joythebaker.com
What You'll Need:
2, 8-inch rounds or 2 thinner 9-inch rounds, greased and floured
The oven preheated to 350.
The cakes will bake 30-40 minutes.
Bowl #3 (Wet Ingredients): 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup mashed avocado (1 medium avocado), 2 cups water, 2 Tbsp. white vinegar, 2 tsp. natural vanilla extract, and juice of 1 lime.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients
3. Add sugar to the wet ingredients and stir
4. Now add the wet mixture into the dry and beat with a whisk until smooth.
5. Pour batter into greased cake tins. Bake 30-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Let cakes cool for 15 minutes; then turn them out to cool on racks completely prior to frosting with the avocado buttercream.
stand or hand mixer
2 tsp. lime juice
1 pound powdered sugar
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract