How to Carve a Turkey, Finally (Video)
|Photo by Rhett Sutphin/Flickr CC|
|Show that bird who's boss.|
Tools: Tongs and a carving knife. What do those look like or where to find em? Check out this carving knife we found on Amazon for only $6. Of course it's too late for that. But CVS or Walgreen's just might take care of you. Or Ace Hardware will sharpen your dull old blade.
1. Place the turkey on a kitchen towel on top of a cutting board to prevent sliding while carving.
2. Cut the breasts off first from either side of the keel bone, cutting down and around the breast lobe.
3. To remove drumsticks, pull back to expose joint and cut through to separate.
4. Flip the turkey over, and it's more or less the same procedure with the thigh and wings.
5. Remove wings by pulling them back to expose the joints, then cut through to remove wings.
6. To remove the thigh, simply cut down around the thigh meat until you get to the bone, pull thigh back to expose the joint, then cut through the joint to release thigh portions.
And just to make sure these steps a perfectly clear, we have Alton Brown, to show us step by step the entire process again. Enjoy!
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.