Tonight: Lakers-Heat Pre-Game Prix Fixe Dinner at Area 31
|Pork belly sliders are part of the prix fixe deal|
The prix fixe menu starts with a choice of:
- Simple greens with pork belly sliders
- Butternut squash soup
- Assortment of fish fry, croquettes, fries, and a shot of beer
I'll go out on a limb here and predict that most diners will select the fish fry with beer.
Entree selections are:
- Roast chicken with fingerling potato hash and mustard glaze
- Spice crusted mahi with coconut rice and cilantro pesto
- Grilled hanger steak with curry carrot puree and crispy pork belly
The winner among main courses might seem to be the hanger steak with pork belly, but remember: Area 31 is, at heart, a seafood restaurant with well-sourced fish.
Dessert is a dulce de leche cookie sandwich with condensed milk cappuccino.
The choice of discounted bar snacks ($6 to $9), which will be served after the Heat game, include chorizo potato croquettes; rock shrimp ceviche; smoked shrimp guacamole; and tuna tartar. Happy hour drink prices -- beers and house shots for $5 -- will extend until midnight on evenings when the Heat are at home.
But to put the prix fixe dinner into perspective: if you choose instead to dine a la carte within the confines of American Airlines Arena, $34 will probably only get you about four hot dogs and a soft drink. And no dulce de leche cookie sandwich.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.